Saturday, February 16, 2008

Turning 40

I can not believe that I will be turning 40 this year. Time really does fly by. I think time goes by faster when you have kids. Maybe it is that you just pay more attention to things when you have children. It seems like at every corner there is a birthday or a holiday again. It seems like Christmas is every 6 months! I must say I am overall happy with my 40 years. I have been all over the world. That has been great. I have done so many things that most people have never thought about doing or experiencing. If life was a board game and there was a card named "DO OVER" I would not need many of those. One for sure maybe two, but I would be doing very well at the game. I also think about my family. I am the youngest of six. Wow, if I am feeling old then I can only think of how they feel. My mom is 80. I was glad to be able to go to St. Louis and celebrate that with her thanks to a friend Rose Thompson. I have done ok. I have never been in trouble, over achieved in school, athletics and the work world. Chante is a cutie. She has her own attitude that’s for sure. DJ always makes me laugh. He has a good heart. He wants everyone to be happy, even if he does not know them. I hope he keeps that quality. Starting better than his dad. If I am lucky enough to see them maybe marry that will be interesting. Almost funny. I’ve got my small group of friends. My lifelong friend Garry the person who pushes me to be better, Barry who is my sports conversation friend, and Tendai who is my friend who will start the new revolution with me. Of course they are all much deeper than that but I like to keep it simple. As far as women friends I do not have any, just kidding. They know who they are. Don’t need to shout them out because if I people read this and they are not on the list I will offend. LOL

Well my plans for 40 and beyond are to do things that will make me happy. Whatever that may be? I don’t even know.LOL I have a few more places that I want to see in the world. Seeing that I am hoping on another 40 years I should have plenty of time but I will not take that for granted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Dmitri. The page looks good. Best wishe to you and the family.

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. No mention of your wife. Hmmm.....a little curious about that. Supposedly life begins at 40, since I am still in my 20s, I wouldn't know.