Sunday, February 24, 2008

A new day in Cuba


Well today Fidel Castro stepped down as the leader of Cuba for almost 50 years. His brother Raul will now take his place. Cuba is was of the few communist coutries left in the world. I can remember growing up studying about Fidel and JFK about the "Cuban Missle Crisis". Fidel has always been called stubborn and not willing to listen. Doesn't that sound like our President Bush? My hopes for this day is that the people of Cuba will have a country where they have a better economic system and better health care. Cuba is one of the coutries I would love to go visit. They have alot of vintage cars that are still on the road today. Let's not even talk about the great food and music. Well maybe my visit will happen sooner than later. I can only hope.

No comments: