Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Peace in the Middle East?

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says she believes a peace deal in the Middle East is still possible. Speaking after a meeting with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in the West Bank city of Ramallah, she called for a ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinians.Mr Abbas broke off all contact with Israel in response to the Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip in which over 100 Palestinians were killed. Israel says the action was intended to put an end to the ongoing rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip; Jerusalem withdrew most of its troops from the area on Monday.Secretary Rice, who is on a two-day visit to the region, agrees with Israel that the attacks cannot be tolerated but also believes that Israel should do more to work towards peace in the Middle East. She is due to meet Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert in Jerusalem later today.

Now there has been fighting on may different levels in the middle east all of my lifetime. I have also had the chance to visit many countries in the middle east and my personal take on it is that there will always be fighting on some level. They just can't get along! Even though it would be totally worng you would think that muslims would unite against Israel but that has never happened. Trust me Isreal will never be taken over either.

I don't mean to sound hopeless but I do not think peace in the middle east will ever happen. Please take my poll and let me know your thoughts.

No comments: