Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Do I get the shot H1N1 shot or not?




Ok, I really do not know what to do! I am not really worried about myself but I am super concerned about my kids. I really don’t know what to believe.

If you don't get the shot, what are the chances that you'll get sick? My kids always get a cold or the flu every winter. My daughter has Asthma and her colds can be really bad meaning an Asthma attack is on the way and here comes an Emergency Room visit. Of course my greatest fear is what if I do not get them the shot and they die? I know that is the worst case but hell I have to think about it. I know I could not live with that guilt.

If you do get the shot, will the vaccine be safe and effective? Ok, we are telling almost everybody to go get this shot. This is still a fairly new virus and we have not really researched this very long. What if this shot has some really bad side effects in the long run?

Swine flu, or H1N1, is already present in the area and probably will infect greater numbers of people as the weather turns cooler.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported last week that 8,843 people have been hospitalized nationwide by the disease. The number of U.S. deaths stands at 556, the CDC said.

The World Health Organization describes the H1N1 virus as the dominant flu strain in most parts of the world. And it has said that it produces a "mild illness" in most patients.

So are you going to get the shot for yourself and your kids?

No comments: